shameful confession: I play in a home-built media center has a few nice years, roughly since the days of Windows MCE 2004.
started innocently, from home-made installation discs MSDN version of XP Media Center 2004, which is the version - despite its no cooperation with TV tuner, or PAL television broadcasting standard in force at a radius of 500 km - had one indisputable advantage. Load in 15 seconds, no matter how zasyfiony was the system. Trick dwuwątkowym charge involving an absolute minimum of the system used in the MCE was indeed later nestling by Vista.
Suffice to say that I put everything on the Shuttle barebonie ST-61 equipped with a P4 2.4 HT, ATI 9800 SE graphics All In Wonder (TV tuner card that conferred me many gray hairs) and 1 GB of memory. It worked, although the 2004 version of the TV are unable to play despite the use of multiple hacks and tricks (such as the modified drivers for your graphics card, pretending that the MPEG-2 encoder on the card is the hardware). But I used it because it was fast and reasonably fit.
breakthrough came with the version of MCE 2005.
Once that gave the use in this part of the world (MS bought up content in EPG as part of Polish TV channels) and have distinguished between PAL D / K the PAL B / G Two, it was impossible to force it to work with ATI drivers (first hakiersko, after a half year ATI for the same maturity that MCE is way better than their quasi-mediacenterowego szitu and became the appropriate drivers supportować the software MPEG-2 encoder .) Three, that he has made to set the card hardware'owym MPEG-2 (also on the ATI Theater 550) and I had two tuners. Four, that somehow zjarałem 9800 SE AIW card and swapped it on the X950 AIW (AGP still on, still in the same barebonie). Five, finally, that I invested in a quiet and efficient power supply fan (although This may seem unlikely, the entire shuttle was cooled by a fan 8 cm). Six at the end, I gave my 29 "Sony parents, because I needed more space in the room, and in addition Bubu (0.5 years) began to exhibit an excessive interest in the tenth muse.
MCE 2005 had no choice but to act. TVN24 and recording of TV work, work, work ... until it burned up the motherboard in barebonie. I've been. Nieserwisowalna in this part of the world. With desperation I bought an LCD TV, hoping that somehow go MediaCenter.
not passed.
In the current Setup, (referred to in the previous entry) I found reasons to have such a pile of scrap metal: games and movies full hd. Videos from TV, I stopped recording (with the exception of the Clone Wars, which we see passionate young).
0 comments:
Post a Comment