mactrac - Bicycling along the path: slow, even slower ...
Hello.
Only now I read your statement the Ombudsman and come to the conclusion that the problems with bicycle paths (curbs, bends, pedestrians, etc.) are the result of such thinking:
"An equally important issue is the ability to correctly navigate a bicycle on the bike lanes. With this happen unless there is trouble?
- are. cyclists ignore the rule, for example, that the paths must ride the right side, and not the means. Do not apply to the provision that at the waist and should overtake on the left side, not a right. And yet the question of speed: overdoing it with her. Especially since the paths are often combined with sidewalks for pedestrians.
Are there any provisions regarding the speed limit the bike?
- No.
is how do you know that speed is too high?
- Code speaks of a safe speed.
So what?
- it difficult to determine. Safe speed must be adapted to the prevailing conditions. Is one that does not endanger other cyclists moving along the paths and pedestrian walks beside. "
So as a cyclist I have to move slowly and cautiously because it may do harm to someone - after all this nonsense. Are any road speed is limited only because it is next to the sidewalk? Maybe because the paths are made so casually because it is believed that cyclists ride slow? After the street I am able to easily (and without much effort) to go a constant speed within the limits of 30-35 km / h on the path can go up to 20-25 km / h (the last is tested in Cherry Hill - the path of glory but made: narrowing of the traffic ban bicycles, thresholds / curbs on cross streets, etc. it's better that it was not at all). It is makes the opponent start to build bike paths, as I have the slightest thing it will not be at all ;-) And by the way, riding next to the path I'm breaking the rules and mandate of a risk and going after such a path pseudorowerowej (like the one in Cherry Red) or I was breaking the rules (or I have to walk down the bike) and even the addition of going slower than normal (and / g you should spokesman even slower), so actually what is better? mandate for them the path they rode or drove the path of a mandate for ;-)? May reclassify the tracks from the "sidewalk" to "Road" Part of the way something changed? Good luck.
Ps. In the near future I am going to move again after Lodz śmieszkach and throw in some photos to the collection, by the way check whether the sign was taken down (ul.Strykowska) about which I wrote to the City Council at the moment-zero response to the mail. Regards.
-
Matt ...
0 comments:
Post a Comment